Cherokee Heritage Center

The Center consists of a living history Cherokee village, a museum, and small township of historical buildings. Dedicated to the perservation of Cherokee culture and history, it is one of the most widely visited Native American sites in Oklahoma.

Join Our Mailing List!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Cherokee Connections--family reunion

Hi, I hope all is well with you.

I'm sending you this e-mail to share my story with you and also to express my joy as being part of a wonderful family.

I was adopted when I was a baby and grew up happy but also wanting to find my biological parents. I wanted to know where I came from and what my family was like. I also felt that I didn't want to hurt my adoptive parents so I didn't start searching til I was older.

In the year 2000 I put a message on the ancestry.com web site asking for information about my parents, I knew their names from my baptismal records. The years went by and in 2004 I received an e-mail from my cousin John who put me in touch with my sisters. I was and am still so happy. We first sent e-mails ,then talked by phone and within one week I had talked with my mom and sisters and had a reunion with them.

I found out that my Father is Cherokee and my Mother Salinan. Also we had two more sisters who had also been given in adopton. About four months latter we found our sisters and had a great family reunion.Our father passed in 1980 so I didn't get the chance to know him and my brother was killed when he was young. Now I have my Mother and my five sisters.

We are truly blessed and we are researching our Cherokee ancestors and learning each day. I truly enjoy hearing what's happening and having this connection with you my Cherokee Family.

I would love to learn to speak Cherokee. My best wishes for all. Andrea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FastCounter by bCentral